Ornamental Chilly (Capsicum) Choice Pointed Mix
Save Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
Ornamental chillies are a popular plant grown for their attractive and colorful fruit. They can be grown in India during the warm months.
Ornamental chillies require warm and humid weather with temperatures ranging between 20°C to 30°C. They require a lot of sunlight, so it is best to plant them in a location that receives at least 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight each day.
Here are some tips for growing ornamental chillies in India:
- Soil: Ornamental chillies prefer well-drained soil that is rich in organic matter. The soil pH should be between 6.0 to 7.5.
- Watering: Ornamental chillies require regular watering, with the soil being kept moist but not waterlogged. Water them deeply once a week or more frequently in hot and dry weather.
- Fertilizing: Ornamental chillies require regular fertilization. Apply a balanced fertilizer every two weeks during the growing season.
- Pruning: Prune the plant regularly to promote bushier growth and to prevent it from becoming too leggy.
- Pests and Diseases: Ornamental chillies are susceptible to aphids, spider mites, and fungal diseases. Use an insecticide or fungicide that is safe for use on ornamental plants to control pests and diseases.
- Harvesting: Ornamental chillies can be harvested when they are fully mature and have reached their full color. They can be used for decorative purposes, but they are not recommended for consumption.
By following these tips, you can successfully grow healthy and beautiful ornamental chillies in your garden in India during the appropriate growing season.