Regent® ULTRA Fipronil 0.6 GR (Bayer, India)
Regent ultra is a fipronil based phenyl pyrazole insecticide, which is very effective for controlling stem borer and leaf folder in rice. It not only controls the pests effectively, but also provides plant growth enhancement effects like enhanced root growth and more number of productive tillers that result in higher yields.
MODE OF ACTION
Primarily acts as an ingestion toxicant with some complimentary contact action and acts by interfering in nerve impulse transmission. It interferes with the passage of chloride ions through the Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) regulated chloride channel, thereby disrupting CNS activity and at sufficient doses, causing insect death.
Insecticide Resistance Action Committee (IRAC) Classification No. 2 B
- Granular formulation can be easily broadcasted over standing crops.
- Increased number of tillers and more productive tillers.
- Better root development leading to more water uptake by plant and hence robust plant growth.
- Its application has shown demonstrable Plant Growth Enhancement(PGE) effects.
PLANT GROWTH ENHANCEMENT
Fipronil aids in increasing the yield of crops by controlling pests that reduce crop growth. It is observed that in the absence of injurious pests Fipronil can improve the vigor and yields of crops and therefore also the quality.
In rice, corn and sugarcane, field observations indicated the following effects:
- More developed root system, increased numbers of tillers and more productive tillers
- Greener plants, increase in leaf area and plant height
- Earlier flowering and maturity of grain leading to significant increase in yields
Fipronil formulations have been designed to be compatible with a wide range of insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and liquid fertilizers. Perform a simple jar test beforehand if there is any question regarding the compatibility of these formulations with another tank mix partner.
CROP AND TARGET PESTS
- Regent ultra can be used to any stage of the crop. However, in order to derive the maximum benefits, it should be used earliest possible when the pest is at the early instar stage.
|Rice||Stem Borer, Leaf Folder|
* It is recommended to use safety gloves while applying granules in the field.
Note: Do not use product near the areas of Bee-keeping.
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels and accompanying leaflet for complete details and directions for use.