Spintor Spinosad 480 SC (45% w/w) (Bayer, India)
Spinosad is a “biological insecticide”, a naturally derived product from the fermentation of the actinomycete Saccharopolyspora spinosa. Spintor is extensively used for the control of resistant Helicoverpa in Cotton and Red gram.
MODE OF ACTION
Spinosad works by contact and by ingestion. Spinosad has a unique mode of action that is different from all other known insect control products. Spinosad causes excitation of the insect nervous system, leading to involuntary muscle contractions, prostration with tremors, and finally paralysis. These effects are consistent with the activation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors by a mechanism that is clearly novel and unique among known insecticidal compounds.
Insecticide Resistance Action Committee (IRAC) Classification No. 5
- A naturalyte class insecticide that combines the speed of kill seen in a synthetic chemical with the margin of safety seen in a biological pest control product.
- Effective control of resistant Helicoverpa by stomach poisoning.
- Broad-spectrum action on Lepidopteran and Dipteran insects.
- Effective thripicide.
- Prolonged residual action.
- Favourable toxicological profile.
CROP AND TARGET PESTS
Crop Target Pest Brinjal Aphid, Jassid, Shoot & Fruit Borer Soybean
Girdle Beetle & Semilooper
Note: Do not use product near the areas of Bee-keeping.
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels and accompanying leaflet for complete details and directions for use.