Regent ® SC Fipronil 5 SC (5% w/w) (Bayer, India)
Regent 5 SC is a phenyl pyrazole insecticide for foliar application. It has been proven to offer low dose, highly effective insect control against a broad range of economically important pests. It is also found to be effective particularly for managing thrips. Its unique mode of action allows it to control insects that have developed resistance to all other classes of insecticides.
MODE OF ACTION
Primarily acts as an ingestion toxicant with some complimentary contact action and acts by interfering in nerve impulse transmission. It interferes with the passage of chloride ions through the Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) regulated chloride channel, thereby disrupting CNS activity and at sufficient doses, causing insect death.
Insecticide Resistance Action Committee (IRAC) Classification No. 2 B
- There is target site specificity between insects and mammals, with Fipronil displaying tighter binding (i.e., higher potency) in the insect GABA chloride channel than mammals, providing useful selective toxicity. This sets Fipronil apart from most commercial insecticides
- Fipronil has both contact and ingestion activity, but is particularly effective by way of ingestion. The rapid knockdown effect associated with some insecticides is absent in Fipronil and insect mortality may appear to be moderately slow. However, intermediate responses, such as cessation of feeding, may be noted soon after treatment. Residual control following foliar application is in general good to excellent
- The site of action of Fipronil sets it apart from most commercial insecticides. a new generation insecticide belonging to new family of Phenyl Pyrazole
- Regent 5 SC spray is an ideal choice for IPM
- Regent 5 SC spray has shown demonstrable Plant Growth Enhancement (PGE) effect in many crops
- Regent 5 SC is an excellent thripicide
PLANT GROWTH ENHANCEMENT
Fipronil aids in increasing the yield of crops by controlling pests that reduce crop growth. It is observed that in the absence of injurious pests Fipronil can improve the vigor and yields of crops and therefore also the quality.
In rice, corn and sugarcane, field observations indicated the following effects:
- More developed root system, increased numbers of tillers and more productive tillers
- Greener plants, increase in leaf area and plant height
- Earlier flowering and maturity of grain leading to significant increase in yields
Fipronil formulations have been designed to be compatible with a wide range of insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and liquid fertilizers. Perform a simple jar test beforehand if there is any question regarding the compatibility of these formulations with another tank mix partner.
CROP AND TARGET PESTS
||Green Leaf Hopper, Gall midge Whorl Maggot, Stem Borer, Leaf Folder, Brown Plant Hopper, White Backed Plant Hopper|
|Chilli||Thrips, Aphids and Fruit Borer|
|Sugarcane||Early Shoot Borer and Root Borer|
|Cotton||Aphid, Jassid, Thrips, White Fly|
Note: Do not use product near the areas of Bee-keeping.
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels and accompanying leaflet for complete details and directions for use.